A challenging complete MMI Circuit undertaken over Skype
We can also arrange this face to face in Manchester & East Lancashire
Developed and undertaken by doctors who are also medical school undergraduate tutors. We do not use medical students or administrators.
Comprehensive personal feedback on your performance, telling you where you went wrong and how you can put this right
As close to the real thing as you can get
Blue Peanut are now offering you the ability to practice a full MMI Interview Circuit under exam conditions
- We will tailor the session to your specific medical school.
- We can cover St George's Medical School interviews through UCAS Clearing.
- 10 stations. Choose the duration of each station – usually between 7 and 10 minutes each, and the break periods – usually between 1 or 2 minutes.
- We will provide you reading material between or during the station dependent on your choice of medical school
- The choice of topics will be based on your medical school. If they do not provide this, we will use our research to choose you the topic areas
- We can simulate patients and actors in scenarios
- Practical and written scenarios can be simulated over Skype. If you pick a face to face classroom session in Manchester, we will bring the equipment to do a practical scenario to the classroom
- All this from only £249. Includes a feedback session at the end of your MMI Circuit. Typically the whole session will last 2 hours
Why should you choose Blue Peanut for your MMI tuition?
- Our doctors are highly qualified, not only just in their specialist fields but holding qualifications to masters level. We do not use medical students, administrators or managers to teach you.
- We have over 32 years experience in medical education. We research and develop the course material ourselves. We have feedback from hundreds of sixth form and medical students who we have taught on our courses and in our own practice.
- Students e-mail us medical school interview letters from medical schools and we make sure we cover all the topics that are assessed. We also do our own research using our experience as medical school tutors. Our course is constantly kept up to date.
- We look after sixth form work experience students from our local schools in our surgery through NHS Health Education England.
- We teach medical school interview courses in some of the top East Lancashire sixth forms such as Clitheroe Royal Grammar School and Tauheedul.
We teach medical students from Manchester, Lancaster and UCLAN medical schools.
We teach PBL. We know what medical schools are looking for.
Students, Parents and Teachers trust us to help medical school applications succeed.
Our success rates are very high, approaching 100% for some medical schools.
Here is some of the curriculum areas we cover in our MMI stations:-
Our curriculum is based on our own experience as undergraduate medical school tutors as well as feedback from students and teachers.
- All of the areas expected in a traditional interview, for example motivation for medicine and choice of medical schools. These can include knowledge of the teaching methods, for example, PBL, CBL and more traditional methods.
- How medical schools will critique your personal statement, including your work experience.
- Duties and qualities of a doctor including leadership
- Duty of Candour. How to admit something has gone wrong and put it right
- Questions where there is a conflict of interest, for example if you are in a position where you have an unfair advantage or have privileged information.
- How to demonstrate empathy. We have a series of videos and demonstrations to teach you this skill which you can then practice
- Data interpretation exercise
- Questions where autonomy is involved, for example patients refusing treatment that could be lifesaving.
- Questions relation to consent and capacity
- How to interpret to work effectively as a team or to demonstrate the characteristics required for this. This can include a how to participate effectively in a group exercise which you can practice live. Marking schemes for group exercise.
- How to comment and critique a doctor patient consultation.
- Issues relating to confidentiality – an example of this is contacting the police (or someone else) without the patients consent.
- How to analyse and critically interpret information, for example the results of a patient satisfaction questionnaire, results of investigations or research material.
- How to answer questions relating to the NHS and current policy, for example the right of doctors to strike or allocation of resources.
- A practical task that that will assess your numerical ability and to apply this to a scenario under time pressure.
- A review of current hot NHS topics and how to approach questions relating to them
- How to communicate effectively, including to individuals who may be distressed, for example breaking bad news, talking to a colleague who is not being professional.
Please contact us by e-mail to check availability before booking. We are now taking bookings for evenings and weekends.
If you have any questions about our courses, please get in touch.
Email email@example.com or Telephone 01706 491146
Don't leave one of the most important interviews in your career to chance!
Refund Policy. All personal training sessions are non refundable once payment has been made. Please e-mail us first so that we can confirm the time of your training with you before you make payment.
If the tutor is subsequently unable to undertake your agreed session(s) and an alternative date cannot be undertaken, we will refund the full fee or a proportion of the fee if part sessions have already been undertaken.