Medical School Interview Training by the UK’s top performing provider. 97.3% Success rate 2018 Entry with most students having at least two offers.
A full day of training undertaken by doctors who teach medical students at UCLAN, Manchester and Lancaster medical schools. We could one day also be teaching you at medical school or as a junior doctor!
We also can help dental and veterinary medicine applicants
- Based on our research, we cover over 90% of the curriculum used in UK medical school interviews.
- We cover Scottish, Oxbridge and private medical schools. MMI and Traditional
- Delivered in a lecture based format, just like at sixth form, with plenty of time for interaction, using videos and workshops to keep you focused and awake.
- We cover over 40 topics, based on our own research as medical school tutors and feedback from thousands of students over the years.
- Opportunity to participate and observe in a full MMI circuit based on our 2019 medical school entry curriculum under exam conditions.
- The course usually starts at 10.00am and finishes around 5.30pm, dependent on the engagement of the group. Exact timings are in your course confirmation.
- Now at an affordable price from only £99 – with early bird discounts and further discounts for multiple and school bookings. This includes lunch, refreshments and coursework. This is the most enjoyable of way of helping you prepare for your interview!
- Courses in Lancashire, London, Glasgow and Birmingham.
LAST YEAR (2018 ENTRY) FULL BRISTOL COURSE - LEARN FROM MEDICAL SCHOOL TUTORS
Is it for me?
- This course is designed for students who are applying for medical school 2019 Entry. We aim it for students in their second year of A-level but welcome any one who wishes to learn. Includes graduate entry and those applying for foundation year medical programmes. Parents and Teachers also most welcome (with a valid ticket).
2018 ENTRY ADDITIONAL FULL MANCHESTER COURSE - MOST OF OUR STUDENTS HAVE AT LEAST TWO OFFERS!
What will I learn?
Here are some of the topics we will cover on our medical school interview course for 2019 entry: -
- Personal assessment stations including your motivation for medicine and choice of medical school. Critique of your work experience, personal statement and knowledge of the qualities of a doctor including resilience and leadership.
- Critical analysis and team working stations, including group exercises, practical tasks and data interpretation.
- Your research for medical school and ethics. This includes recent hot topics, ethical principles, capacity and consent, conflict of interest and duties of a doctor.
- Experience of NHS policy including conversional areas such as the right of doctors to strike, 7 day working, brexit and other policies.
- Your knowledge of the medical school curriculum including teaching methods used at medical schools including PBL.
- Communication skills stations. This includes empathy, consultation critique, simulated challenging colleagues and patients. Breaking bad news and handling mistakes.
- Examples of the the 10% of stations that you cannot prepare for.
- We will go over example marking schemes used by medical schools and highlight where candidates often make mistakes and how to put them right.
- We will look at a candidate journey to show you how you can best prepare for your medical school interview.
- We will demonstrate techniques that you can use when you are stuck to try and salvage marks.
- If we have dental and veterinary medicine students on the course, we will add sessions specific to these applications.
2018 ENTRY FULL MANCHESTER COURSE - JOIN THESE STUDENTS WHO HAD A SUCCESS RATE OF 97.3%
Why should you go on this course?
- We believe that over 90% of the content of most medical school interviews can be prepared for. This is from our feedback from students last year and our own personal experience. This means your chances of securing a place at your choice of medical school is much better if your do the correct preparation.
- We have done all the hard work and research for you, so you can concentrate more on your A-level studies.
2018 FULL GLASGOW COURSE - UNLIMITED FOLLOW UP DIRECT WITH US IF YOU GET STUCK
Why use Blue Peanut for your training?
- We research and deliver all our courses ourselves. We are a group of fully qualified practicing doctors who also teach at medical schools. We will never get medical students, administrators or random tutors to teach you.
- We could sit on medical school interview panels – but this would be a conflict of interest. It is not fair for us to teach you and then interview you in your real interview!
- We look after medical students in our own GP surgeries, as well as providing work experience placements for sixth form students. We also teach junior doctors who are training to be future general practitioners.
- We do teach at top local sixth form schools in East Lancashire on a voluntary basis, such as Clitheroe Grammar and Tauheedul.
- We provide you with e-mail and, if needed, telephone follow up just in case any new areas some up on your interview that we did not cover on our course.
2018 ENTRY FULL BRISTOL COURSE - WE ARE OPEN AND TRANSPARENT IN WHAT WE OFFER - BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE!
How do I book a place on a course?
- Click the link next to the course date you wish to book. This will take you to our Eventbrite page where you can complete your booking. If your chosen course is full, please e-mail us as we do sometimes have cancellations.
Have a doctor who is a medical school tutor check your UCAS statement!
Make sure you have covered all the essential areas most medical schools are looking for
Professional feedback including highlighting any negative points on your application
Option to book a session with a tutor to help you write your statement from scratch
A full MMI circuit personalised to your choice of medical schools undertaken by a doctor who is a medical school tutor!
Topics chosen on your choice of medical school – send us any material that you have been provided
Professional feedback on your performance including where you went wrong on how to put things right
We simulate actors and patients. We have Skype and face to face options for training
Medical & Dental Interview Course 2019 Entry
SUNDAY 4 NOVEMBER 2018 - PRESTON - Location TBC - EARLY BIRD PLACES - CLICK HERE TO BOOK
SATURDAY 10 NOVEMBER 2018 - GLASGOW - COURTYARD GLASGOW AIRPORT PAISLEY - EARLY BIRD PLACES - CLICK HERE TO BOOK
SUNDAY 11 NOVEMBER 2018 - LONDON - AMBASSADORS EUSTON - EARLY BIRD PLACES - CLICK HERE TO BOOK
SUNDAY 18 NOVEMBER 2018 - BIRMINGHAM - Location TBC - EARLY BIRD PLACES CLICK HERE TO BOOK
If you have any questions about our courses, please get in touch.
Email email@example.com or telephone 01706 491146
Don't leave one of the most important interviews in your career to chance!